Data Operations Centre
Statistics Canada is now hiring for the Data Operations Centre in the National Capital Region.
Approximately 1,400 temporary employees are needed for a variety of supervisory and non-supervisory jobs. These jobs are a great opportunity to gain experience and to learn more about the 2016 Census of Population Program.
These jobs are ideal for students, recently retired persons, stay-at-home parents, and those wanting to supplement their income.
- various shift schedules:
- between 6:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. weekdays
- between 7:00 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
- various employment tenures starting in April and May 2016
- full-time positions (37.5 hours/week), and some part-time positions (30 hours/week)
- competitive wages
- two work locations, in Ottawa (Ontario) and Gatineau (Quebec).
Where are we hiring?
We are recruiting within the National Capital Region, for the following two work locations:
- Gatineau: Most positions will be located at the Data Operations Centre, 200 de la Technologie Boulevard, Gatineau, Quebec. Special bus routes, through OC Transpo and the Société de transport de l’Outaouais, will be arranged for public transportation to and from the Statistics Canada Data Operations Centre at 200 de la Technologie Boulevard. These designated bus routes will be in service to cover both the day and evening shifts.
- Ottawa: Some of the Census Help Line activities will operate at Tunney’s Pasture, 150 Tunney’s Pasture Driveway, Ottawa, Ontario.
About the 2016 Census Data Operations Centre
The Data Operations Centre (DOC) is responsible for the management of all processing operations (receipt and registration of paper and electronic questionnaires, document preparation, scanning, data capture, editing and coding) for the 2016 Census of Population Program. The DOC also provides support to the census by managing all activities related to the Census Help Line during census operations.
- Date modified: