Enumerator - Census jobs across Canada
An Enumerator’s duties may vary, depending on the type of assignment.
- dropping off census questionnaires at dwellings in a specified area and listing the address of each dwelling
- conducting in-person interviews to obtain completed questionnaires
- collecting census information from people living in collective dwellings (for example, hospitals, hotels, nursing homes and school residences)
- contacting respondents by phone and in person to obtain completed questionnaires.
Period of employment:
- From early April to the end of July 2016 (start dates and length of employment will vary by assignment).
Rate of pay:
- $16.31 per hour, plus authorized expenses.
- experience dealing with people
- able to follow written instructions and read maps
- willing to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- computer literate and access to a home computer with Internet functionality
- industrious, tactful, conscientious, reliable, energetic and capable of exercising good judgement
- possession of a valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle (required in some areas)
- 18 years of age or older prior to start of duties
- a Canadian citizen or eligible to work in Canada:
- as a permanent resident;
- on a work permit (temporary residents with a valid work permit, temporary residents with a study permit and valid work permit, refugees with a valid work permit); or
- with a visitor record clearly indicating authorization to work in Canada.
- Hiring preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
- Date modified: